Thomas Rhett‘s Center Point Road drops May 31 via The Valory Music Co. Although it’s still a couple of months away, he’s giving us all the details on the new album.
The title comes from the Tennessee street that shaped his life and the album is just that — a return to his roots. The record is about knowing where you came from and who you are deep down, no matter what you’ve gone through. It’s an album about progress, chasing all those crazy dreams, starting a family and, through it all, staying true to who you are.
“For me, Center Point Road really symbolizes what it was like to grow up in Hendersonville,” Rhett says. “First dates, first football games, first heartbreak, first kisses, success and failures. I really feel like that road shaped who I am today and it felt fitting because the record, for the most part, is pretty nostalgic. Songs like ‘Almost,’ ‘That Old Truck’ and especially ‘Center Point Road,’ really describe who I was as a kid and teenager, and who I’ve become as an adult.”
The album is 16 tracks, all of which Rhett co-wrote. This is the first time he’s co-written every single song on one of his records. He also co-produced the record along with Dan Huff, Jesse Frasure
“On this one, I just got back to why I wanted to make music in the first place – and that was writing great songs. This is one of those records that every time I listen back to it, it still feels new.”
Center Point Road includes “Look What God Gave Her” and “Don’t Threaten Me with a Good Time” featuring Little Big Town. Jon Pardi and Kelsea Ballerini are also featured on the album. Fans can pre-order it now and can purchase album packages on his website. Those who pre-order it digitally will get a brand new track tomorrow in addition to the previous two releases.
Center Point Road Track Listing:
1. “Up” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
2. “Don’t Threaten Me with a Good Time” feat. Little Big Town (Thomas Rhett, Karen Fairchild, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ray Charles McCullough II, Jeremy Reeves, Ray Romulus, Jonathan Yip)
3. “Blessed” (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur)
4. “Look What God Gave Her” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Julian Bunetta, JKash, Ammar Malik, John Henry Ryan)
5. “Center Point Road” feat. Kelsea Ballerini (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge, Cleve Wilson)
6. “That Old Truck” (Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Kamron Kimbro, Ryan Tedder)
7. “VHS” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge)
8. “Notice” (Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
9. “Sand” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Michael Hardy)
10. “Beer Can’t Fix” feat. Jon Pardi (Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Zach Skelton, Ryan Tedder)
11. “Things You Do For Love” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Luke Laird, Josh Osborne)
12. “Remember You Young” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
13. “Don’t Stop Drivin'” (Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley, Josh Miller)
14. “Barefoot” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller)
15. “Dream You Never Had” (Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
16. “Almost” (Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Amy Wadge)