Baby, it’s cold outside. With temperatures dropping, I’m looking to warm up with a festive adult beverage. Our friends over at Bode, the beautiful boutique hotel off Lower Broadway, have three recipes to keep us festive and warm while the winter winds are whipping.
Note from Bode: “Bode, the trendy, boutique hotel off Lower Broadway, is home to The Porch Market + Café, a modern dining destination with local beverages and bites. Coming in 2021, Bode will officially open Sidebar, a stylish new watering hole with craft cocktails, beers and an extensive wine selection.”
Winter Cocktail Recipes:
Cinnamon Cold Foam Cider
Yield: 1 8 oz. Apple Cider
3 oz Heavy Cream
1.5 oz Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
1 oz Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
1. Warm apple cider over the stove or in the microwave.
2. Combine pumpkin spice syrup, heavy cream and bourbon whiskey in a shaker.
3. Shake until thick and well-mixed.
4. Pour liquid over the back of a spoon into a toddy mug with the apple cider.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
2 oz Beefeater Gin
.25 oz Peppermint Syrup
.5 oz Bianco Vermouth
2 dash Plum Bitters
1 Candy Cane
1. Combine Beefeater Gin, peppermint syrup, Bianco Vermouth and plum bitters into a shaker.
2. Shake and double strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a candy cane.
4. Drink up!
Maple Cherry Old Fashioned
2 oz Old Forester 86
.5 oz Dark Maple Syrup
2 dash Ango Bitters
2 dash Woodford Spiced Cherry
1 Luxardo Cherry
1. Combine liquid ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
3. Strain over glass with fresh ice.
4. Express orange peel over top.
5. Top with a cherry.