Eric Paslay now has his very own podcast.
Paslay’s new podcast, Level with Me, launches this week and it gives a voice to people with diabetes across the country. The country singer is no stranger to the disease. He lives with Type 1 diabetes (T1D) and understands the struggles and hopes that his podcast can give others an outlet to share their own stories.
“It’s pretty cool to be able to share really great stories about life with Type 1 diabetes and promote comradery with other diabetics,” he explains. “I believe in the importance of talking about things in our lives because, the more we talk about it, the closer we get to the truth.”
Every episode of Level with Me visits the hometown of someone with a unique T1D story. The first half brings us to their hometown for a peek at their daily life while the second half is a one-on-one interview with Paslay. That interview takes us deeper into their diabetes journey.
Level with me is available for download on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify and Stitcher starting this week. Those interested can also head here for more. Check out the schedule below.
Level with Me Podcast Schedule:
- Week of May 20 – Episode 1 features Colleen Rinehart from Pickerington, OH, a nurse, nutrition enthusiast, marathon runner, wife and mother of two young boys. Her optimism allows her to accomplish just about anything, and she refuses to let her T1D get in the way of living a fulfilled life.
- Week of May 27 – Episode 2 shares the story of exercise enthusiast John Boyer from Mt. Airy, MD, whose mission is to show kids with T1D that nothing is impossible with diabetes. Through a T1D youth camp, Boyer encourages kids to become physically active while being part of a supportive community of others like them who experience similar challenges.
- Week of June 3 – Episode 3 features 11-year old from Franklin, VA, Abbie Eger and her mother, Julie Eger. Abby was diagnosed with T1D at just 9 years old, and through the loving support of her mother, she has been able to be virtually independent when it comes to managing her diabetes.
- Week of June 10 – Episode 4 unveils the heartwarming story of mother-daughter duo Keary and Zola Cheney from San Diego, CA. Keary was diagnosed with T1D after experiencing severe symptoms during a trip to Uganda with her husband to adopt their son, Oliver. After recovering in the U.S. and returning to Uganda to retrieve Oliver, they learned of Zola, who also has T1D and was looking for a foster home. The two made the decision to welcome her into their family along with Oliver, and today the family lives a positive, joyful life.
- Week of June 17 – Episode 5 reveals the journey of “Level with Me” host Eric Paslay through a one-on-one interview with his wife, Natalie Paslay. Eric shares the details of how T1D affects life on the road and how glucose monitoring technology has made life easier by allowing Natalie to monitor Eric’s glucose levels when he’s unable to.