Common just announced his debut album for Loma Vista Records titled Let Love. Along with the announcement, he also dropped a brand new single and music video. The single, “Hercules,” features Swizz Beatz and the song is a delicate balance of Common’s sharp wordplay and Swizz Beatz’s soulful voice.
In the music video for “Hercules,” Common stops a convenience store robbery and raps on his iPhone. You’ll see a familiar face in the video too as Vince Staples cameos as the cashier. Watch the video below.
This new single comes on the heels of “HER Love,” a single featuring Daniel Caesar with special guest Dwele. That single is the second track on Common’s forthcoming album, Let Love.
“This album is inspired by the book, Let Love Have The Last Word, which gave me a path to write about things I had never written about before,” the Grammy Award-winner explains. “It forced me to go deeper and because I opened up about so many things in the book, I was charged to go to raw, personal and spiritual places in the music. Production-wise, I knew that the music had to have depth, soul and dimension to it. I wanted the musicianship and the spirit of what live music brings, but it also had to have something raw and basement about it.”
“When my team said, ‘You should do some music revolving around the book,’ I just took that energy and went running into my artistry without focusing on anything else. No movies, no commercials, no parties (well, I don’t do that too much anyway) and I just worked on music. So this album is the culmination of this journey, this passion and this Divine Love that I have for one of God’s greatest gifts — music.”
Let Love Track Listing:
1. “Good Morning Love” feat. Samora Pinderhughes
2. “HER Love” feat. Daniel Caesar w/special guest Dwele
3. “Dwele’s Interlude”
4. “Hercules” feat. Swizz Beatz
5. “Fifth Story” feat. Leikeli47
6. “Forever Your Love” feat. BJ The Chicago Kid
7. “Leaders (Crib Love)” feat. A-Trak
8. “Memories of Home” feat. BJ The Chicago Kid and Samora Pinderhughes
9. “Show Me That You Love” feat. Jill Scott and Samora Pinderhughes
10. “My Fancy Free Future Love”
11. “God is Love” feat. Leon Bridges and Jonathan McReynolds
The products we feature have been hand-selected and reviewed by our editorial staff. If you happen to make a purchase with the links, we may earn a commission.