Platinum-selling country artist, Clay Walker, is preparing to release his forthcoming album, Texas to Tennessee. The record, which was produced by Michael Knox and Jaron Boyer, is his first release on Show Dog Nashville. The 10-song collection drops on July 30.
Walker recorded the album in both Nashville and Galveston, hence the name, and we see the country singer embracing both locations and sounds on the album. We also see him embrace the sound he embodied in the 90s as well as more modern sounds and trends. It’s all about balance for the “Need a Bar Sometimes” singer.
Walker has frequently contributed to his songs but Texas to Tennessee is extra special because the native Texan had a hand in each of the album’s 10 songs. Boyer is also listed as a co-writer on many tracks as well as David Lee Murphy.
“I got to write with the best writers in country music,” he says. “Every writer on this album is accomplished, most came in with ideas they thought fit me or developed ideas I brought and it led to real cohesiveness in all these songs.”
Fans can preorder Texas to Tennessee on May 7.
Texas to Tennessee Track Listing:
1. Anything To Do With You (Clay Walker/Brandon Kinney/Shane Minor/Mike Mobley)
2. Need A Bar Sometimes (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/Josh Mirenda/George Birge)
3. Catching Up With An Ol’ Memory (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/George Birge/Lalo Guzman)
4. Country Side (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/Lynn Wilbanks)
5. Cowboy Loves A Woman (Clay Walker/Jennifer Hanson/Mark Nesler)
6. Texas To Tennessee (Clay Walker/Jennifer Hanson/Mark Nesler)
7. I Just Wanna Hold You (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/Ben Stennis)
8. Loving You Then (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/Brad Rempel/Ben Stennis)
9. You Look Good (Clay Walker/Jaron Boyer/Michael Tyler)
10. One More (Clay Walker/David Lee Murphy/Justin Weaver)