Carrie Underwood just wants to spread some Christmas cheer during an otherwise difficult year.
The country singer join NBC News’ TODAY this morning to chat with Savannah Guthrie and Craig Melvin about her first-ever holiday album, My Gift. Underwood recorded the full-length record, which drops on Sept. 25, during the pandemic.
“I’m so proud of the music that we were able to create, but, also, we were able to create it this year, through all the obstacles. We just want to bring some Christmas joy to people, so I’m super excited,” she said on the morning show.
The forthcoming album includes both classics and original songs. There’s a duet with John Legend (which we can’t wait to hear) and a version of “Little Drummer Boy” featuring her son, Isaiah Fisher.
Underwood told TODAY she was kind of a “stage mom” while Isaiah was recording his part. “I was in the booth with him and trying to get him to access all his little 5-year-old emotions, which he can totally do on his own… When I heard the song back with his sweet little voice on it, I was laughing and crying. Just so many emotions. I’m so proud of him.”
My Gift drops digitally, and on CD, Sept. 25 and on vinyl on Oct. 30. “Let There Be Peace” is out now.
My Gift Track Listing:
1. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Traditional)
2. O Come All Ye Faithful (Traditional)
3. Let There Be Peace (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
4. Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher) (Harry Simeone, Henry Onorati, Katherine Davis)
5. Sweet Baby Jesus (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
6. Hallelujah (with John Legend) (John Stephens, Toby Gad)
7. O Holy Night (Traditional)
8. Mary, Did You Know? (Buddy Greene, Mark Lowry)
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
10. Away In A Manger (Traditional)
11. Silent Night (Traditional)
Although we take our music recommendations very seriously, we may earn a small commission through our affiliate links.